2012/11/09

Pasta with Homemade Tomato Sauce

Today was such a good day! I didn't have to go to class today, so I sat home until I had to go meet my student for tutoring. Did I mention it snowed today? So I got to spend the majority of my time sitting in the snow and freezing my butt off. Once I got back to the dorm, I ended up sitting in the room refusing to move. I made myself some egg drop soup. It ended up tasting pretty bland, so I had to pour more soy sauce in it. Time to make some changes to that recipe...

A little while ago, I made some pasta using this recipe. I made some changes to it. I had my own tomato sauce hanging around, and I added mushrooms. That's pretty much all of the changes. My sauce had cinnamon, basil, and  in it, so it's tastes much different that using, say, Ragu. Maybe I'll post that sauce recipe up sometime. It was something I did on the fly.

Pasta with Homemade Tomato Sauce

Ingredients
  • 1 (16 ounce) package bowtie pasta 
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 large yellow onion, chopped
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 pound ground pork
  • 2 cups homemade sauce OR 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 mushrooms
Directions
1. Chop green pepper and onions and slice mushrooms. Place into a small bowl.


2. Bring a large pot of hot, lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until done al dente; drain and set aside. 


3. Melt better in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms until onions and bell peppers are soft, about 5-6 minutes. Add ground pork and cook until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. 



4. In a large pot, heat spaghetti sauce until bubbling. Stir in pork mixture, pasta, and sour cream. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. 



Just a warning, if you don't use a large enough pot, pouring everything in will be messy. That silver pot I used wasn't large enough to accommodate everything, and some of it spilled out. Enjoy your pasta!


No comments:

Post a Comment