2012/11/26

Strawberry Nutella Muffins

A while back, I found the blog Two Peas and Their Pod and went through all the recipes that were on their blog. They have a ton of good ones. You should definitely check them out sometime! I stumbled across these delicious Strawberry Nutella Muffins. I had to make them. I absolutely love strawberry and nutella, so why not combine the two and follow this delicious recipe?

I've made this twice for breakfast. Both times, I skipped the turbinado sugar. The first time, I had no idea what it was. The second time, I figured I didn't need it. According to TPaTP, it gives it some delicious crunch. My muffins tasted just fine without them! You may or may not want to put in a little more sugar to make up for lack of turbinado sugar, or just go and put the turbinado on. Either way, it's delicious!

I also found out my dough was still dry after the amount of milk put in, so I suggest eyeballing it to see if the dough looks dry. If it does, pour in a little more.

Strawberry Nutella Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
  • Nutella
  • Turbinado sugar (optional)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper cups or grease well.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. 

3. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the canola oil, egg, milk, and vanilla together. Whisk until well combined.

4. Combine the dry and wet mixtures in the medium bowl. Mix until just moist. Add in the strawberries, being careful not to mush any of them accidentally. 


5. Fill each muffin cup with a spoonful of batter. If it looks like it's lacking, put in a little more. Then add a tablespoon of Nutella on top of each mix. Use the remaining batter to cover up the nutella. (Optional step: Sprinkle each muffin with turbinado sugar.)



6. Bake muffin for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool.



I didn't wait for them to cool. I bit right into them! They make an excellent breakfast, and could probably make an excellent dessert as well. I have to be making these again sometime soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment