2012/12/05

Christmas Party!

My RA decided to throw a holiday party today. It starts in about an hour, and I'm waiting for the friend I invited to get here. She texted me that she'd be here at 6. I've got to text her after this post. 

For the holiday party, there's going to be a white elephant game being played. It had to be between $5-$10. I'm anticipating getting a gag gift... My hopes aren't too high for a roomful of college students. I, however, can give handmade gifts, and a handmade gift it is!

I made the Brain Waves Beanie from Liz McQueen. It was quick and only took a day of doing absolutely nothing and watching Cake Boss to make this guy. I elongated the pattern because I like a little slouch. It's red, white, and black, the colors of my university. I wasn't thinking, "Hey, these colors are the university's colors!" At all. Seriously. But it worked out perfectly! 


I've got a little turret from the Portal series (anyone play that?) modelling my hat. His name is Mrs. Nesbitt, and he had a change of heart. No longer will he shoot whenever something moves. Mrs. Nesbitt models hats now! It's fashionable, didn't you know?

I don't hate you...

I ended up wrapping the hat in newspaper. I get free newspapers in the dorms, so I'm dubbing newspapers "college kid wrapping paper" because it's so inexpensive! 

Go make this beanie! It'll look super nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment