2012/12/10

Tuna Rolls

My mom made tuna rolls for me and my brothers when she doesn't feel like cooking a full-on meal or can't go out and get something. I love tuna rolls. They're the only rolls I do eat at home. At restaurants, I eat most rolls. But that's beside the point! I recently asked my mom how to make these, and I've made them twice so far. Delicious! Plus, I have plenty of leftovers for when I want a snack.

Tuna Rolls
Makes 10 rolls


Ingredients
  • 3 cups rice
  • 5 tablespoons vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • A little bit of salt and pepper
  • Few spoonfuls of mayonnaise
  • 1 large can of tuna
  • 1 packet of seaweed

Directions
1. Wash and cook 3 cups of rice. The method doesn't matter. I prefer using a rice cooker because I have one.


2. Mix the vinegar, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl, then add the rice. Mix well. Attempt to coat all the rice with this mixture.

3. Drain the tuna and place in a bowl. Add mayonnaise and a little bit of salt and pepper. Mix well.


4. Use a roller with a paper towel underneath or a piece of plastic wrap. I cannot guarantee the plastic wrap will work because I've never used it. Place a piece of seaweed on top of the roller/plastic wrap, then cover the 3/4ths of the seaweed with rice. you shouldn't have to use more than a scoop of rice because it needs to be spread thin.

This is what the roller I use looks like.


5. Put tuna in the first fourth of the rice. Then, roll up the roll. This is kind of tricky to do initially. Roll up a little bit of the roll and press. Then, take the bit you just rolled up, then roll it so it's larger. (I may have to do a tutorial for this if it's really confusing...)

6. Repeat until the ingredients run out. I wrap my tuna rolls up in plastic wrap if I'm not going to eat them immediately. They'll keep for a few days in the refrigerator.


And there you have it! Tuna rolls! 








No comments:

Post a Comment