2012/10/25

First snowy day!

The Huntsman Center in all its snow-covered glory!

This is kind of a big deal for me. Having lived in Florida, Hawaii, and Nevada, I've only seen snow when I visited Mt. Charleston (when the snow is hard and packed), when I went to Park City for winter break (but it wasn't the first snow), and the one freak time in Nevada that resulted in a snow day but it didn't snow since. The other few times it snowed in Nevada, I was in California. So those days don't count for me.

When I woke up this morning, I looked out my window. It's a habit. Usually gives me an idea of how to dress up. And I saw snow. Actual, honest snow with snowflakes (hail, some people called it, because it wasn't flaky, but it turned into snow later) outside my window. I took my camera with me while I walked around. It's not every day you get to see beautiful snow like this, and I think there's something to be said about the first snow of the year.

I'm the only 'foreigner' in my room, meaning I'm the only one who lived somewhere else prior to coming to college. One of my roommates looked disappointed because she couldn't wear what she wanted to that day. Another said, "Oh, it's going to be one of those years."

...'Those years'???? 

The TRAX station

I had a moment to myself to evaluate some of my thinking, while I was doing an assignment for my IT class. I realized how important it is to carry around a camera with you in your daily life, because you never know when you'll see something beautiful. Sure, if you don't have a camera, you'll take a picture with your mind. But do you know how faulty the mind can be? It'll start putting in details that weren't originally there or you'll forget things. In pictures, everything is exactly as it was when the picture was taken. Nothing's changed. I should start carrying my camera around more often. I don't give a crap what the other students think. I like taking pictures. So I'll keep taking pictures while I still can, because those are important to me.

I will leave off with some more pictures! Enjoy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment