2012/10/31

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day and is getting a lot of candy. I, for one, am binge-eating the candy I collected on Sunday. As of tomorrow, I won't be able to eat sugar. I agreed to join an anti-sugar diet with Susanna, Olivia, and Sam. No refined sugar for three weeks. That means marshmallows, hot chocolate, and just about everything I eat. One of the guys across the hall said to check the ketchup. There's sugar in my ketchup. I am going to fail this diet! One of my necessary dinner foods is omelet rice, and that needs ketchup. I guess my anti-sugar diet will be eat-less-sugar diet.

So apparently I can't put sugar even if I'm baking something. So if I'm making banana bread, I can't use sugar. I can't use sugar in muffins. Okay, never mind. I'm making this diet a diet without candy, soda, and desserts. That's the best I'm going to be able to do. I need sugar for my baking. I'm not letting my strawberries rot because of this diet.

Anyway... A while ago, I had to look up recipes using tomatoes. I got some tomatoes from helping out at the gardens and I needed to use them. None of my roommates wanted to use the tomatoes. I found one I could use! Admittedly, these tomatoes are not the garden tomatoes. I used them all making tomato sauce.

Here is the recipe! (Adapted for the fact I've used so many vegetables)

Scrambled Eggs and Vegetables

Ingredients
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tomato
  • 1/2 carrot
  • 1 green onion
  • 2 mushrooms
  • 2 teaspoons sugar 
  • little bit of salt
  • Soy sauce
Directions
  1. Spray a frying pan with PAM or melt butter. Scramble eggs until almost done, then move into a plate.
  2. Put the carrots in first and cook for three minutes. Then put in the tomatoes, mushrooms, and green onions. Cook another three minutes.
  3. Put in the sugar, salt, and soy sauce and mix well. Add eggs back in an cook for a minute longer. Put onto a plate.
  4. Enjoy! 
It tastes delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment