2013/06/28

You Deserve Hapiness

That's what I tell everyone in my letters. I am anonymous. A stranger writing a letter to a stranger, hoping to make their day. I have come to the conclusion that I write these uplifting things for two reasons.

1) These are the things I'd want to hear if I got an anonymous letter.

2) I don't want people to fall into the same feelings I had and keep having.

I don't want others to feel inadequate. I don't want others to feel unloved. I don't want them to feel alone and stressed out. I know what it's like when your brain turns on you and tells you things, true or not. Everyone needs reassurance.

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the single candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." -Buddha

So smile. If you smile, someone else will smile, and that smile will keep spreading. Find your reason to smile. It doesn't have to be extravagant. It can be as simple as a silly picture. Your pet. Nature. The weather. No homework. Doing a hobby that you love. Anything. Keep that reason with you all day. When you feel like you're going down, bring that reason to the surface and smile.

Love yourself. It's the most important thing you can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment