2015/01/26

Worrying about classes

I hate coming across a class where things aren't laid out clearly. Unfortunately, it seems like I am taking two such classes. One is my nutrition class, and one is my syntax class.

With the nutrition class, the study guides for exams don't make sense. Something listed in lesson 3 should be found in lesson 3, right? Nope. I emailed the teacher, asking where it was, and she said "Look at lesson 1!"

...Lesson ONE? Did I suddenly not learn to count? And this is the whole study guide, mind you. Things listed under lesson 1 are actually under lesson 2, lesson 2 is all over, lesson 3 is in lesson 1... I miss having a physical book to study from. I bought it online (don't know why...) and I should've just bought a loose-leaf copy or something. Because I'm a visual learner. I need to see the words on the page. I also need to be able to turn the page. I can remember where certain information is based on where it is located on the page and generally how far in it is. I can't do that with online texts. When I'm reading online, I zone out. Badly. And I remember nothing.

My syntax class is all over. I got a 75% on my first quiz because I either couldn't find it in the book, couldn't remember it being talked about in class, or one thing was said in class and another in the book so I didn't know which to pick. It also doesn't help I can't take notes the way I'd like to in class because there ARE no notes. The teacher doesn't give us any. Just talks. And talks. And talks. Once again, I need to see the words and in this case, write them down. I learn better through writing things once or twice to help cement base knowledge. This means that when I read from the textbook, I've got to actually be writing down important information because I won't get it otherwise. And the problem is, I don't know what's important to that class so I end up writing everything.

I hope I pass these classes. I'm a bit of an overacheiver- I strive for all A's. But right now, for those two classes, I'll settle for a B. Just the middle range. I really just want to do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment